Halloween can be great fun for families with dogs, particularly if you like to get your dog involved in the trick or treating. However there are some very important safety tips that can help ensure you and your dog have as much fun as possible.
1. Ensure you keep your dog on a short leash when out trick or treating to make sure you can keep an eye on your dog at all times. Otherwise you may turn round to see Fido helping himself to a young trick or treater’s supplies.
2. Even though your dog may look fantastically cute in a costume, it’s extremely important to ensure they are comfortable, safe and can see properly when.
3. If you are staying home with your dog and handing out candy, it’s normally a good idea to keep the dog in a separate room with the TV or radio on to help keep the dog calm.
4. If you intend to give out treats for any trick or treating dogs, mini dog chews are the best option.
5. Once all the Halloween festivities are over with, it’s particularly important to keep your dogs, and any other pets, away from the sweets because it can be very bad for a pets’ health(especially when they tend to eat the entire bag).